Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tarot cards again

The Queen of Wands

Judgement

So for my latest assignment in digital, we were randomly given two tarot cards and had to choose one to illustrate. Being a grad student, I decided it would behoove me to go ahead and do both. I definitely had a lot of fun with both of these, and I'm excited to continue to explore more digital work. For those of you unfamiliar with the meanings of these cards, you should check out Biddy Tarot, it's a great site that has a pretty detailed account of each card. 

Interestingly, I've done a tarot assignment before. It was in my digital illustration course during the first quarter of my junior year at SCAD. I actually think one of which was the Queen of Wands. Unfortunately, I think I lost the files on my old laptop, but I would love to show you all a comparison. From what I recall, these would be a major improvement haha. 

Coming next, I'll have my reinterpretation of The Wizard of Oz with some sample publishing work. I'm really excited to plow through that work this weekend. Until then, best wishes!

~Josh 

No comments:

Post a Comment