Monday, July 14, 2014

CLAMP Fan Zine




Hi everyone! Above is my piece for the first of two fan Zines I am participating in this month! This one is in celebration of CLAMP, and you can be pre-order the zine here. There are a lot of really lovely illustrators participating in this one with me, and many fellow MICA alumni. Of course, I had to draw my three favorite CLAMP heroines from Magic Knight Rayearth! (We all know I can't resist any opportunity to draw a magical girl, haha). For those who aren't familiar with it, Magic Knight Rayearth is a really amazing story that was one of the many to shape my childhood. I really recommend giving it a watch, because it really is so much more than your stereotypical magical girl story! (Not that I don't love those just as much!)

Coming up next will be a Powerpuff Girls Villains zine! I'm really excited about that one as well. As for who I'm illustrating, I'll let that be a surprise. I also have some more fun children's narrative pieces on the way as well as a few new pattern collections! Keep your eyes peeled for those in the near future.

Best wishes,

Joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment