Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Wrapping up the semester

I feel like I have no idea where the last four months went? This semester has absolutely flown by! And if the spring semester is anything like my last one, it will to! I can't believe I am now three-fourths of the way finished with grad school. It's been absolutely insane and there is still a long way to go! I'm really looking forward to moving forward with my thesis next semester as well as exploring a new medium: screenprinting! I think it will be really interesting to see how the thought process behind that informs my work. 

In the mean time I have a couple images to share with all of you! Mostly thus far, my retelling of The Little Mermaid has lived within the numerous filled pages of my sketchbooks. I decided I needed to stop floundering around with sketches and figuring out what I want this world to look like and just bite the bullet and create an image! So I created a spread where the little merprince is making his deal with the sea witch for the magic to turn him into a human. There is space for the text on both pages, hence the large open spaces. I have my final critique on Thursday and this could go over horribly and the imagery of next semester may look nothing like this, but I'd love opinions regardless. =)


Also I have a couple more patterns to share within my under the sea collection. Designing imagery for prints and patterns is something I have definitely really come to enjoy in my time here at school, and it is an avenue I will continue to explore both next semester and upon graduation.


I hope you are all having safe travels during this holiday season, and if I don't post before then, have a merry Christmas y'all! Best wishes!

Joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment