Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Hello all! I hope you are all keeping warm as the winter months set in. I know I'm having trouble with that haha. Well, the fall semester of my final year in graduate school is coming quickly to a close, and while I am slammed with work, I wanted to share some snippets of what I'm working on. 



Firstly, in my Markets for Children class I am wrapping up the details on the circus pattern series and working on a new undersea themed series. You can definitely expect to see some mermaids with these! And speaking of mermaids... I'm really excited about my thesis story I have settled upon. I will be retelling The Little Mermaid in the era of the Vikings and the story will actually be retold about a little mer prince. Below are some studies of the mer prince as well as the son of the Viking chieftain.


Lastly! The lovely Sarah Jacoby and I have started a new tumblr with some of our fellow grad school friends featuring fun, quick little illustrations of animals in clothing. So be sure to go follow Animals Outfitted! It's still very new, but there are some really talented folks involved and there will be plenty of adorable imagery to keep up with. 


So now I must return to the onslaught of work that awaits, but I look forward to sharing more with all of you guys very soon! Until then, best wishes!

Joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment