Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall fun in Baltimore!

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to finally be experiencing a true fall, although, I have to admit it is a bit cold for me haha. Fall here is literally like December and January in Louisiana and Savannah. Of course, I don't have to worry too much about the cold as I'm locked away in my studio working away! I have some great projects going on that I'm really excited about and I just wanted to post to give you a peak at what is going on.


This is my initial storyboard/rough sketch phase of my 32 page children's book I am illustrating of the story of Snow White and Rose Red. I'm also in the very early stages of a secondary children's book project about princess etiquette that you will see a lot more of in the coming weeks.

I also wanted to share my experience this weekend with Robbi and Matthew from Idiots Books Publishing. This amazing couple came to MICA this past weekend to give a workshop to the Illustration Practice MFA students and to help us launch our own book projects.


They are a writer and illustrator duo that self publish their own books and were such an inspiration as well as full of great advice. Be sure to check out their site and the books that they have done! They've also just started a small children's book press which I can not get enough of, Bobbledy Books! They have done some of the most hilarious children's books I have ever read, and I recommend them to both adults and children alike. My personal favorite was The Girl with Frogs in her Ears.

Anyway, I'm excited to finally be at a point where I'm moving into creating some finished artwork for my book projects and I can't wait to share them with you guys over the next couple of months!For now though, I thought I might leave you with some silly sketches for a personal piece I'm working on, designing myself as a Puella Magi from Madoka Magica. If you are a fan of anime or magical girls and have yet to see the show, I definitely recommend checking it out!



Until next time, best wishes! 

~Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment